Monday 4 March 2013

Last two days on North Island


The main focus of Sunday Feb 24th was to get to Henderson, west of Auckland to see Sam, Dietmar and family who had left our circle in Chertsey 9 months earlier in search of a better life. I paced my long journey well and arrived within the accepted time frame at a house that immediately said 'Yes, we do have a better lifestyle'. Sam and I caught up with what was going on in each others lives, and generally chewed the fat about many things pagan. After a good meal with her family, and equally good conversation with all of them, as dusk was falling, I took to the road again for the hour drive to Matakana.

I got to Natalie's around 10.15, very tired and hot. Not long after I was cooling off with a skinny dip in the pool – liberating maybe, but mistake certainly for I got mozzie bites in places I shouldn't have!

Monday was a day for just chilling in the relaxing settings of Matakana, and taking stock of everything before leaving for Dunedin to stay with Roz the next day.

Spending so much time driving, I had plenty of time to reflect and also think about the next stage of my journey. I was now getting to the end of my holiday and had to think about the UK again. A few work related issues had been emailed to me and I was slowly beginning to be more aware of time and date, things that I hadn't had to think of at all this year. I began to think about the long haul home. I had booked budget airlines most of the way so couldnt change them at all. I had booked to have 5 days in Bangkok again, but 2 things made me feel this was not what I wanted. Firstly, the idea of facing food that made me ill did not appeal, and having a long haul flight on top of it made it worse. Secondly, Andy was not going to be in Thailand as work had taken him to Manilla for a month. Andy was at least a barrier or defense to help me find food that was OK for me. So on that drive north across the NZ landscape, I decided to see if I could bring my return from Bangkok forward so that I only had one night there. I couldnt change the NZ to Thailand flights. Luckily, the next day when I phoned the travel agents, it was possible.

Having sorted out that in my head, I began to reflect on the means by which I ear my crusts. For a while the universe had been knocking on my door telling me it was time to teach healing etc again. I am very happy with my work teaching English and don't want to stop that at all. Furthermore it is a passport to travel, I am not prepared to forego. However, my days with Patrick and Natalie had awakened that aspect of me, so maybe it is time to do something. Exactly what and when is to be sorted, but it would seem that its a skill I have and should be used. Also my conversation with Sam seemed to give me a deeper connection to the earth based spirituality that I follow. I feel, having spoken to her, that my Firedance Circle will continue perhaps opening up new avenues of thought to explore, possibly reflecting on lessons from my sojourn to The New World.

Journeys are not necessarily just a means of getting from A to B, or for pleasure. They can also reflect journeys of the spirit and soul as well as education. My experiences had been all this, and now it was time to start steering homeward.

There was one last bit of my holiday to enjoy, and on Tuesday, I returned my hire car and flew to Dunedin on the south island to stay with Roz and her parents for a week. Roz' sunny disposition and never failing support when I ran The London Reiki & SKHM Healers group was always a breath of fresh air, and all I needed was to be around her again. It would be interesting to see her on home territory this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment